- You visit our website www.sciencekidz.in
- Our programming software
- Our inventor’s kit
In simplified form (greater detail is below), our policy can be summarized as follows:
- We may collect some information about you, as described in this Policy, but you have some choices about how much you share about yourself.
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age on the website.
- We will not sell your personal information but may share such information with our vendors and our Clients in connection with providing the Services.
- If we use a third party to assist us, they will be bound to protect your information.
- We may collect, use and share aggregated, anonymous information about our users.
Sciencekidz Website – What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
Information you provide while using our services on www.sciencekidz.in
Information that is necessary for the use of the Services.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use our Services:
- Account Information: When you sign up for the services you create a user account (“Sciencekidz Account”), we require certain information such as your first name, last name and email address to provide you with access to your individual user account for Sciencekidz.com.
- The information you provide through live chats as support: The Services also include live chat support, customer support, where you may send any questions to us regarding the Services. When you speak to one of our representatives regarding any question, issue or problem you may have, you will be asked to provide your contact information, a summary of the problem and any other information that would be helpful to us in resolving the issue.
The collection of this information by us is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. If the requested information is not provided, we may not be able or in a position to provide you with all the requested services or resolve your issues.
We retain your account information with us until you delete your Sciencekidz Account. We also retain some of your information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations in resolving disputes, enforcing our agreements, supporting business operations and continuing to develop and improving the Services.
When you buy something from our website, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
IP Address: When you browse our website, we also automatically collect your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with the information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system and serve you a better site interfacing experience.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your Consent obtainment
The automatically collected information from your use of our website, app, and software services
When you use our services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information collection is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, which enables us to comply with legal obligations.
- Machine and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer or other devices you use to access our Services. This machine information includes your connection type and settings when you install, access, update or use our services. We also collect these types of your device information – IP address, your approximate location, URLs of referring, etc. to provide you with better service accessibility and experience.
Information collection upon transactions
Payment Transaction Related Information: Sciencekidz may collect information related to your payment transactions through different Services we offer, including the product name, type of payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, tax amount, credit card number, credit card expiration date, cardholder name (if provided), basic information like first name, last name, phone, address, country, state, city, postal code, and other details connected with transactions.
Some of our Services contain widgets and social media features, such as a Facebook button. You are the only person who decides if you would like to press this button and share your personal data. These widgets and features collect your IP address, the information about the page you are visiting during your use of the Services and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Widgets and Social Media features may also be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these features are governed by the company providing it.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say “no” to it.
How we use the information we collect about you
We use, store and process the information we collect about you, to provide, maintain and develop our services. This enables us to create and maintain a safer and trusted environment for both the parties – You and Us and comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information, given our legitimate interest in improving our services, and where it is necessary and required for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
To provide, improve and develop our services
- Operate, protect and optimize services and experience
- Enable us to access and use services
- Provide customer services: to resolve technical issues, responding to questions or queries, improve services.
- If you provide us with your contact information, we may process the information for fraud detection and prevention and to serve any purpose you authorize at the time of information collection.
- We may contact you about your account or feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our app Terms of Service.
To create and maintain a safer and trusted environment for both the parties
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Detect and prevent any harmful activities such as spam, abuse, security incidents, etc.
- Enforce our terms and conditions – Agreement.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
To provide, personalize, and improve our advertising and marketing.
- Send you marketing, advertising, promotional messages, and other information based on your interest and preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook, Google, etc.
- Personalize and improve our advertising.
We use and process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section, given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
European users Data Protection Laws
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain protections under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and/or other applicable laws (collectively, the “Data Protection Laws”), and this section applies to your use of the Services. As used in this section, the terms “processing,” “processor,” “controller” and “personal data” have the meaning given to them in the Data Protection Laws.
Period for which personal data will be stored
We will store your personal data as long as necessary to provide the functionality of the Services. For example, we may store your personal data as long as your personal data is posted on or connected with any Events that you have attended, and/or as long as the Client is using such data for their own business purposes. We may also store your personal data as long as required by law.
Withdrawal of consent and restriction of processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Sciencekidz, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us notifications specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Where your personal information is used and processed for direct marketing and advertising purposes, at any time, you may ask us to stop processing your data for these direct marketing objectives by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If our store is acquired by or merged with another company, your information and data may be transferred to the new owners, so that we may continue selling products/services to you.
Finally, you may have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws with respect to your personal data. Such rights may include, but are not limited to, the right to request access to your personal data, that your personal data be corrected or deleted, to restrict the processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise such rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specifically, and without limiting your rights under the Data Protection Laws, you may do any of the following:
- request access to your personal data to be able to correct, amend, or delete such personal data where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles,
- request that your personal data not be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected or for purposes subsequently authorized by you; or
- request that we do not disclose your personal data to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks on our behalf, such as payment and data processors).
As described in this Policy, we may share personal data with third parties and may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com